Immediate results to aid in your pet's care.
Our full-service in-house laboratory is equipped to run the most common tests ordered for cats and dogs, delivering results within a day and often less than an hour.
On-site diagnostic technologies and our full staff of Licensed Veterinary Technicians trained to use all laboratory equipment allow us to make quick evaluations and recommend treatment right away, saving you time and helping your pet feel better as quickly as possible.
Our in-house laboratory can run tests including the following:
- Feline Leukemia / Feline Immunodeficiency Virus / Feline Heartworm Testing
- Canine Heartworm / Lyme Disease / Ehrlichia / Anaplasmosis Testing
- Complete Blood Cell Counts (CBC) to test for anemia, dehydration, inflammation, infection, and low platelets.
- Serum Chemistry Panels to test for liver, kidney, and thyroid function, plus diabetes testing and assessments for electrolyte and protein levels.
- Urinalysis to test for urinary tract infections, protein or crystal buildup, kidney function, and other urinary abnormalities.
- Coagulation Profiles to test for bleeding disorders caused by rat poisoning, or liver and autoimmune disease.
- Culture and Sensitivity testing to establish the cause of an infection and guide toward the best antibiotic choice.
Additionally, Glove Cities Veterinary Hospital partners with a national reference laboratory to aid in any testing we cannot conduct. With daily sample pick-ups, we have access to nearly every test available in the U.S. with results often available by the following day.
Reduce the suffering, come see us, and let us get that diagnosis on track.